London, United Kingdom
Are you interested in collaborating on the design of playgrounds?
Duncan & Grove is seeking a French speaking Playground Designer to join our growing European playground design team. If you are someone who is organized, creative and looking to develop your skills in a collaborative work environment, we encourage you to apply.
Duncan & Grove is an award-winning playground manufacturer who have developed unique playspaces internationally. We place emphasis on building aesthetically pleasing play structures that encourage childhood development. We do not limit our projects by what we know and continually challenge our understanding of design, fabrication and play.
At Duncan & Grove we are committed to the professional growth of our team members and encourage those with a multidisciplinary skill set to apply.
The candidate will work closely and collaboratively with the company’s senior management and design teams. The focus of the position is on project support, which includes detail design and preparation of project documentation for presentation and submittal.
We are interested in someone who is passionate about using their design skills to develop destination play spaces. Creativity, rigor and the willingness to collaborate are important skills for this position. The ability to maintain organization and productivity while working independently is also crucial to this role.
- Work and collaborate closely with senior management and design teams;
- Strong organizational and communication skills;
- Prepare landscape layout details for play spaces and/or construction drawings for play structures;
- Review project tenders and assist in preparing bid documentation;
- Prepare tender drawing packages including construction details and specifications;
- Possess technical and detailing capabilities with an understanding of fabricating in wood and metal;
- Assist in preparation and production of concept design package and presentation materials;
- Commitment to contemporary design and detailing, aligning with Duncan & Groves’ design sensibilities;
QUALIFICATIONS & KEY REQUIREMENTS
- A Degree/Diploma in Landscape Architecture/Design, Architectural Technology or Industrial Design;
- Minimum two years of post-graduate work experience in a professional design practice; and
- Proficiency in AutoCad, Solidworks, Sketch Up, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and Rendering Software.
- Proficiency in Solidworks will be considered a major asset for the role.
- Fluent French
You must demonstrate a passion for design excellence and innovation, be a strong communicator, and contribute eagerly. You must be highly motivated, organized, assertive, and willing to engage in the open and collaborative environment while working remotely. You must also be able to work independently, seek input, and ask for help from team members when needed.
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide PDFs of CV, portfolio, and cover letter letting us know why this position interests you and why you are the ideal candidate by responding to this postinG..
Hourly wage is negotiable based on level of experience. We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note however that only those selected for interview will be contacted.